Page 1 of 1

Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 am
by JT.WK
Does anyone have any experience with the factory wax jobs on new snowboards?

My snowboard is pre-waxed with 'oneballjay' snowboard wax, but doesn't feel very...waxy. Should I consider re-waxing before using it?

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:35 am
by itzmatty
JT.WK wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the factory wax jobs on new snowboards?

My snowboard is pre-waxed with 'oneballjay' snowboard wax, but doesn't feel very...waxy. Should I consider re-waxing before using it?



its good to go man, good for atleast 8 days or so riding. So dont worry about it, all libs and gnu boards come out the same.

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 am
by JT.WK
excellent... just out of curiosity, any recommendations for wax?

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:39 am
by itzmatty
JT.WK wrote:excellent... just out of curiosity, any recommendations for wax?



this stuff should do the job, not sure where you would find it in aus though

Image

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:55 am
by paggle
I reckon you should still wax it before you use it!

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 pm
by JT.WK
itzmatty wrote:its good to go man, good for atleast 8 days or so riding


paggle wrote:I reckon you should still wax it before you use it!


right, well maybe i'll ask the snowboard shop ;) Need to buy wax anyways.

Re: Factory Snowboard Wax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:28 pm
by joshdi27
If you feel you need more wax on your snowboard then do so. Just make sure you don't over do it. Too much wax can be too slippery. Be careful always.